I’m thrilled to announce that Illinois wineries made a very strong showing at the 2018 Experience Rosé Wine Competition, taking home 12 total medals! This California-based international competition included over 300 wines from around the world being judged alongside those from Illinois.
For the complete competition results, follow this link:
Here are the Illinois wines and wineries to celebrate for achievement in the competition:
Dry Still Rosé
- Blue Sky Vineyards – Rosé
- Galena Cellars – Chambourcin Rosé
- StarView Vineyards – Dry Rosé
- Twelve Oaks – Chambourcin Rosé
- Alto Vineyards – 2017 Rosato
- Kite Hill Vineyards – Rosé
- Spirit Knob – Days End Rosé
- August Hill – Chambourcin Rosé
- Galena Cellars – Vineyard Rosé
- Galena Cellars – Frontenac gris Rosé
- Illinois Sparkling Co. – Brut Rosé de Saignée
- Illinois Sparkling Co. – Brut Ombré Rosé
If you’ve been paying close attention, you may recognize that many of the wines listed above also have been designated as official wines of the Illinois Bicentennial! These wines have been evaluated by industry members, and are quality-assured for your enjoyment!
For more information on the Illinois Bicentennial and Illinois wine:
It’s also a good jumping off point to finding the closest Illinois winery! These rosé wines are truly amazing, so I’d encourage you to go get your hands on them before they’re gone!